Wednesday, July 25, 2007

* the busy weekend *

I'm not gonna blog much today because I'm really tired. I received a text message in the wee hours of this morning from Alex asking me to call him. I was having my lunch break then.. at 4:00 am (that's right,friends!) Well anyways, I called him... a bit anxious because he usually calls me when he wants to talk to me. He answered... and I was like.. "'Zup, babe?", his voice seemed excited, "Someone wants to talk to you," and in a heartbeat I was hearing a familiar voice.. At first, I found it hard to believe. This can't be her.. then I finally blurted out with all the strength left in me.. "Ooooooh myyyyyy GoooooooD!!! Mama??" Yup. Its her. Alex's long lost mum. I wanted to jump in my seat then and there. I am so happy for Alex. He haven't seen her mum for the last 14 years. Straight. She sounded really happy to talk to me and i think I sounded cheesy. She told me that she's very excited to see me. I have been really looking forward to see her too.. we used to talk non stop on the phone for the last 7 years.

Alex went here to give me the "pasalubong" from her mum. As always.. she has excellent taste. So now.. we have an instant plan on the weekend. Supposedly, Alex and I planned to stay in my room and watch all the movies that we missed during the time when we're not seeing each other.. but then because of his mum's arrival.. we will be spending the whole sunday at Tita Bebet's to celebrate Tatay's birthday and her mum's coming back party. I can't wait. :) I've always loved his folks on his mum's side. We do a lot of crazy stuff together.. and talk about funny things. i told Alex that I'm having a busy week but he begged me to come. He said that this is important to him.. seeing the most special woman in his life talking to his mum. I waited for this, he said as he run his fingers through my hair. My heart melted and I said YES. Now don't get me wrong.. I really have a plan to go there.. I'm just playing hard to get. Its fun to see my boyfriend begs. He has this way of convincing me by giving me the puppy look and the great kiss...and...and....

We're just so happy... can't wait to see her Sunday!

No comments: