Tuesday, July 24, 2007

*the sad truth behind the mind of a self confessed insomniac*


The fuckin DSL didn't work the whole morning. From the point of view of a blog addict.. this means only one thing : WAR. Yeah, I called the DSL provider every 5 minutes and expressed my disappointments in different styles. First,I said that I'm trying to beat a deadline, second I grunted at the CSR while explaining that I need to submit an email that my boss needs in the next few minutes... my third reason I think was crystal fuckin' clear when I sarcastically blurted out that their service sucks big time then I threatened them that I'm pulling my account tomorrow.. and lastly... gosh.. you really don't want to know. The CSR said that they are going to send a technician to check on my pc but I replied with.. "yeah.. you don't want to do that because my 5 foot 10 dane has a bad temper when confronted by strangers.." there was an eerie awkward moment of silence, then the CSR finally assured me that they are putting me on the ASAP list. After a couple of minutes... I was able to connect. Eh tangina.. tatakutin lang pala. Buti na lang din hindi pumunta kasi wala naman talaga akong great dane.. labrador lang.. na tumatakbo at nagtatago sa ilalim ng lamesa kapag nakakakita ng daga.

here's the sad truth.. I am an insomniac. How I get this disorder.. I really don't know. There are times when I can feel the fatigue but I can't really get myself to sleep. Maybe because my mind speeds up when I feel peace. And the only remedy is blogging. Pouring out all the nonsense thoughts just to get a good night sleep. Fuck.. is this really insomnia? Or I'm just being weird?

A lot of things took place today in my so called pathetic.. boring.. monotonous.. slow paced life. First, I was caught speaking in Filipino in the training room hallway. The scenario kept on playing in my head and I keep on drafting solid excuses in my mind just in case the trainer send an email to Eunice by tomorrow. The embarrassing part was that I was caught with one of my CSRs.. plus the trainer was so kind on delivering the ENGLISH CAMPAIGN mission vision that made me want to cry and sing the APAC song (if there is any). She said that as a team lead I should adhere to the english only policy because I am one of the role models of the company. Yeah.. I know for a fact that she is telling the truth.. but I also think that as Filipino Citizens we should practice our patriotism by speaking in straight filipino during the LINGGO NG WIKA regardless if we are working in an american call center.. after all, we are still in Cubao, Philippines as we speak while the other employees are desperately trying to convince their callers that they are located in New Jersey, California, Wisconsin.. wherever. Yeah.. never mind me.. I'm blabbing. Here's to English Campaign.. may we all die of nosebleed as we comply with the policy 8 hours a day within the english premises. The GODS will give us a sympathetic pat on our back. And Satan will kick us out of hell. This is bitterness at its finest, friends.

Second, I sat the whole day staring at my monitor. Dumbfounded by the tons of emails that I'm getting. This is how a team lead's life should be. Bored to death with a shitload of paperworks.

Then of course.. there's the usual horseplaying and chat messages that made me roll on the floor while laughing. Thanks to my eccentric group of friends. Their ridiculous thoughts that were cleverly delivered really makes a boring day worthy. Plus playing Aerosmith and MCS in the background keeps me calm. Just like the old days when I was attached to someone and sending corny messages. Hey! We all go through that pace once in our lives. Yeah.. its ugly but its the truth. It was worth my while.

And.. oh yeah.. the cigarette and the coffee breaks. My favorite part of the day.. right, Abby? Hehe. As horizon agents we are always dying to get our asses off the call floor and smoke our hearts out. Believe me.. its more glorious when you become a TL.

How em I supposed to live my life on the next half of the year? Who the hell knows? Who the hell cares?? Line them up.. coffee cups and million packs of Marlboros.. then maybe I can figure it out. One day at a time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first of all..what a way to start ur story!di ka naman masyadong galit.second..ur starting to sound like those irrate callers ha!its rubbing off!lolz!keep posting girl!i enjoy reading ur shit!lolz!

-:- Drama Queen -:- said...

sympre may special mention ka sa blog ko di ba??

i just love you so much!

haha.