Sunday, December 16, 2007

a piece of last year

This happened some time last year. This is from my other blog. It made me smile today..

old fragments of a not so old-october-affairSep 26, '07 9:49 PM
for everyone
I know for a fact that its not the coldness that provoked me that October night to share your warmth. Mainly because I felt really alone and.. well maybe.. a bit lost. Disconnected from everything. Lord knows that I tried my bestest to dodge you but then again.. you caught me on my weakest moment. The next morning after we kissed, a friend of us noticed the glow in our eyes. To tell you the truth, I was a bit anxious that our first kiss happened in the wee hours of the morning of Friday the 13th. But then again.. happiness can pretty much lead you to distraction. At that point of time.. I just felt so alive. Corny.. yeah. But honest.

So we talked. There was a plan that night that we will hang out with friends. You said that you want to spend our alone time together but I pretended that I didn't hear that. Yeah.. although I can't really wait to be alone with you.. because you're so damn hot.. there was this thought at the back of my mind that I shouldn't hang out with you yet. Maybe I was afraid that I might do something stupid and you'll lose interest of me. You know.. the USUAL GIRL STUFF.

I hope you still remember those nights when we secretly hold hands underneath the table. Yeah.. we're pretty desperate to keep it discreet, huh? But then again.. nothing lasts forever. At some point.. we both know that our friends noticed us...the extra sweetness.. the extra togetherness... all the super extras between the two of us.

I came across the old text message. It says : I want to keep it and take care of it as long as I can. I don't want this to end yet. You are the only good thing that's happening to me, pretty.

And for what its worth... I didn't let go. Until I had to. Its something that we both agreed to do.

Remember the time when I was saying goodbye.. you smiled at me and whispered... I'll see you soon. There was an invisible pinch in my chest.. seeing you go while you said that. Like you, I never wanted it to end but then again I know its not the right time to stand up for it. We both know that we have other things to do. Other goals to accomplish...way bigger than the two of us. I said it a lot of times.. that love is just a state of mind. Yeah.. love didn't happen between the two of us. There was passion and understanding and longingness. Way... way.. cooler than love. And that.. hey you.. that is how we ended our time together. It was really worth my while.

Happy birthday. Your memories cheer me up.. during my darkest times.

-excerpt from the Diary of The Drama Queen

No comments: