Thursday, October 18, 2007

Lame Entry.

I know.. I shouldn't update my blog when I'm at work. But then again... I'm bored as hell. Plus, I have authority issues. unauthorized blogging, is just tempting.

I checked on Anne Rice's web today... and boy.. I was just flabbergasted. i just feel that my favorite author in the world is on her breaking point. She decides to write about the life and works of Jesus Christ. Well, knowing Anne.. I know its not impossible to write stuff about JC, since she was raised in a devout catholic community.. I guess that her greatest influence in writing her exquisite masterpieces such as the Vampire Chronicles (Lestat, will always be my favorite vampire, compared to the wussy vampire of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, Edward Cullen.. now don't get me wrong on this one.. I still think that he's strikingly handsome and passionate and I guess I shouldn't be comparing Anne Rice's works with the latter because her dominant characters shadow such personalities from the classics like E. Bronte's Wuthering Heights and W. Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.. bits and pieces of Jane Austen's works like Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility) came from her late husband the poet, Stan Rice. Now don't get me wrong, gooooooshh.. did I make it sound like writing about JC is a bad idea?? Sorry.. thats far from the point. I did read chapter 1 of CHRIST OUT OF EGPYT and I think that its a pretty good novel. I would comment on this book right after I read it this coming winter.

But Anne Rice?? Not writing about vampires and witches?? Who are we kidding here? 'Em i being blasphemous? There has to be a reason in this.. like some sort of a twisted conspiracy theory. Did she decide to re invent her faith after the death of her atheist husband? Maybe.. or maybe its just one hell of expressing that she's in the brink of losing it all. No.. I'm not going to judge Anne. But hell, there's got to be some middle ground!

But whatever the reason is...

I'm definitely not going to haul her over to the coals.

No comments: