Wednesday, August 15, 2007

* Im sick again.. but the world ain't stopping *


You know its really frustrating how you can be a victim of a very nasty fever. Yup. Monday night.. I was up and running around the floor. And the next day I was lying in bed.. too weak to utter a single word. Nasty virus.. if you ask me. And good lord.. can someone please turn off the air conditioning on the second floor before someone dies?? It feels like we're living in fucking Juneau. Plus.. the weather these days.. tell me about it. (*sighs*)

Honestly, I really don't know if I still have a job when I get back to work. From that on moving forward, I think I'm gonna be so lost.. my life will be like a replay of PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS crap playing before my eyes. I dunno.. maybe I'm just being sentimental because I'm down with the sickness. Delusional maybe. But then again, thats possible. My only comfort comes from a colleague who rarely makes it to work and yet she's still in the payroll. Right at this very moment, her example is a shining beacon for me. Nyahahahha. But honestly.. friends.. I'm really serious. I think that no one can get fired when they are really sick, right? First.. the conjunctivitis.. and now this.. whatever you call it. My internal med diagnosed me with recurring viral infection r/o typhoid fever.. whatever that means. And yup.. that cruel practitioner sent me for some blood work.. and I feel like killing that pathologist. She fuckin' jabbed that needle to my arm for like maybe 5 minutes or so trying to get the right vein to draw blood from. Today, I learned that when you stick it to the wrong vein.. you ain't gonna get any blood to fill the long syringe.. Yup.. I have to learn that the hard way with the idiot pathologist on my side. I seriously want to strangle her. And for the record, this is the first time I got an awful bruise in my arm for simply undergoing a typical CBC. Some blood work, huh?? Honestly, she needs to be re-trained for DRAWING BLOOD 101. Hell, I can be punctured by a hungry vampire and I bet it wouldn't feel a thing. Argh.. so much more of being a drama queen. Anyway, to cut the long story short.. after the unpleasant encounter with the dumb pathologist.. I lived. So.....

You know what.. if I lose my job.. here's a comforting thought. I will study nursing.. or maybe that course that they offer on how to draw blood properly on sick people. And I will be a good one.. because at the end of the day.. before the world sleeps.. I don't want to be that idiot that almost killed a sick person while trying to get enough sample of blood to get a proper diagnosis. I said.. I'll stop right??? But I just hate her.. God, I wish I really know voodoo... Or an assassin..

No comments: